MIND-SET & THINKING
1. Embrace the discipline needed to be successful and the power of habits.
2. Have an authentic willingness to invest in yourself and others.
3. Be very aware of your personal style and preferences and how they can add to or detract from relationships and communications and adjust accordingly.
4. Behave in a professional respectful and kind manner to all people you encounter - both internally and externally.
1. Have and use a strategic list.
2.Include and/or dovetail your client outreaches and communications into your weekly planning time and to-do list.
3. Use never-ending, weekly, recurring Outlook auto-reminders to remind you to follow-up and stay in touch.
4. Plan outreaches and communications from the client/contact’s perspective – internally and externally.
5. When travelling or going out-of-office, double and triple down.
6. Use and train your assistant to implement a one-hour or less response time for all calls, emails and other inquires.
LEVERAGE – SUPPORT AND ASSISTANCE
1. Have a system and method in place for every person you meet, everyone on each case/matter, and every business card obtained. I.e. create an Outlook contact, connect on LinkedIn, add to relevant firm mailing lists/CRM system, etc.
2. Create an internal support team and use for marketing support, communications, research, briefing, getting updates, follow-up, etc.
3. Use technology to stay abreast of clients, industries, new developments, etc.
Follow us on: