Below are five common client service touchpoints that every client experiences when working with a lawyer and law firm. Review them and ask yourself:
- How well do I perform during each of these?
- Do I leave each client feeling good about working with me?
- Most important, do I know which three touchpoints clients rate highest and value most?
Knowing and improving the client experience during the three most important touchpoints can make a major difference in a lawyer’s and law firm’s reputation, revenues, referrals, and profitability. Here are those five common client service touchpoints:
- Initial Meeting – Did the potential client feel understood, cared about, and important, and have a sense of trust and confidence that the lawyer can help?
- Hiring the Lawyer – Did the potential client feel as though he/she knew what to expect, the approximate total cost/fees, what the lawyer would be doing, and when the lawyer would get back to him/her?
- Working with the Lawyer – Was the client able to get timely access to the lawyer at any time? Was the lawyer responsive, and did he/she have an appropriate “bedside manner”?
- End of Case/Matter – Did the client feel like the lawyer/firm went over and above what was originally expected? Was something added/given beyond what the client initially expected?
- Final Bill/Invoice – Did the client recover more than originally expected? Was the total amount the client paid clear, straightforward, fair, and reasonable considering the result?
If you want to learn what the top three most important touchpoints for clients are and specific, proven ways every lawyer can improve them, register for this webinar being presented by Julie Savarino, one of the world’s highest-rated and most-recommended business development advisors, speakers, trainers, and coaches for lawyers and law firms. Identify& Upgrade Your Client Service Touchpoints to Ensure Client Satisfaction,Increase Referrals & New Business for Lawyers©, being held Wednesday, July 26, 2017 – 12 Noon to 1:15 p.m. Eastern.
ü Best Practices in Providing Sales Coaching to Lawyers©, being held Wednesday, August 23, 2017 – 12 Noon to 1:15 p.m. Eastern.